Draughtsman / CAD Technician
Job Title: Draughtsman / CAD Technician
Location: Stafford (Global Head Office), role is office based not remote working
Westgate Global are market leaders in screening and partitioning solutions. Specialising in design, supply and installation since 1977, Westgate Global have over 40 years’ experience from concept to completion working with large brands across the UK and Europe. We cover a wide range of sectors including manufacturing; automotive and aerospace, disposables, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, and general manufacturing; warehousing and logistics; construction and fit out.
Westgate Global is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce 2D CAD drawings for bespoke partitioning solutions.
- Produce documentation to enable client review/approval of our designs.
- Produce general arrangement/setting out drawings for use on site.
- Establish dimensions/quantities from existing client drawings.
- Produce drawings to enable the fabrication of components.
- Produce desktop designs for Standard products, by customising existing design templates to a new supplier’s requirements.
- Production of Bills of Materials/Fixings schedules from completed drawings.
- Drawing revision following client reviews, or recommendations from engineers.
- Production of concept drawings/mock-ups to support a Project’s bid phase.
- Liaise with a Project’s key contacts, including Project Managers, Design Surveyors and the Sales Team to qualify the requirements and detail for drawings, capturing all elements of the work to be drafted.
- Liaise with Structural Engineer, to ensure wind/structural calculations are completed on designs where necessary.
- Work to an agreed schedule. Ensure that both project and individual deadlines are met.
- Ensure that a consistent approach is maintained for design and customer facing documentation.
- Support our Design Standardisation programme.
- Complete ad hoc intra-company projects/assignments as required.
- Strong Technical Design and AutoCAD skills.
- An ability to interrogate and manipulate existing CAD drawings.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Practically minded – Design an effective solution and anticipate any challenges in advance.
- Problem solving – We live and breathe ‘solutions.’ Flexible, can-do attitude required.
- Commercially aware – Seek opportunities to save costs, without compromising quality.
- A relevant qualification in CAD software, preferably AutoCAD would be beneficial.
- Full driving licence.
- Creation of 2D technical drawings within AutoCAD.
- Experience within the Construction, Fit-Out or Engineering fields.
- Friendly working environment that is welcoming and supportive
- On-site free staff parking
- Automatic enrolment into our defined contribution workplace pension plan (dependent upon eligibility)
- Automatic enrolment into our BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
Please note: Right to work in the UK is required.